Managing folding settings
How to manage your folding settings in ToolBox
In ToolBox you can alter the costs we calculate for folding items by adjusting the settings in your system for the pricing calculations.
To access these settings you will need to go into your Menu and then select Processes, from here you will see the settings you can change to alter the calculations for the folding costs.
In this window you have the option to edit the settings to adjust pricing calculations by selecting the edit option at the top right of the window.
This then opens a side window in which you can change the settings
Edit folding settings
The settings in this window and for the folding are as follows:
- Base hourly rate: The base rate you charge for your press brake including one operator.
- Additional labour hourly rate: The additional rate you would charge for an additional person, when required, to help process a part on the press brake.
- Setup mode: This option allows you to change whether the setup times are calculated on a per line basis or whether the setup is calculated and spread across parts with common materials where the tooling is likely to be used across these parts.
- Setup override: This scale allows you to alter the calculations for setup times/costs for folding against our standard calculations. Increase the percentage to increase times/costs for folding and decrease the percentage to decrease the times/costs we have calculated.
- Production override: This scale allows you to alter the calculations for process times/costs for folding against our standard calculations. Increase the percentage to increase times/costs for folding and decrease the percentage to decrease the times/costs we have calculated.
Once you have changed the settings to reflect how you want to charge for folding select Update to save these into your ToolBox account.
Please note that if the item you are working on does not have any folding entities, you can select the manual option. Simply choose 'Manual' from the dropdown menu, input the longest length of the fold, followed by the number of folds. Once your quote has been calculated, ToolBox will display the price based on your specific folding configuration.