Adding & editing rate tables
How to add & edit rate tables in ToolBox.
To add a rate table within ToolBox you first need to navigate to the menu and then select Rate Tables.
From this page to create a new rate table you need to select the Add Rate Table option from the top right of the screen.
Add rate table button
This will then load the side menu for the creation of the rate table.
Add rate table form
The data in this form is as follows:
- Name of the rate table you are creating in ToolBox
- Cutting Technology
- Which of the cutting technologies you have set up this rate table is associated too.
- Base hourly rate
- The starting/base hourly rate you want to charge out this rate table out at, this can be altered per thickness within the tables.
- Etching feed rate
- How fast does this rate table etch onto the material or the part when etching is required.
When this data is complete and you are ready to create this rate table select Add to save this rate table into your ToolBox account.
Confirm new rate table with Add
Your new rate table will be ready within ToolBox for you to add data too.
Rate table added to ToolBox.
To add a row to your rate table for a thickness and the relevant data you will first need to select Add Thickness
Add thickness button in rate tables
From here you will see a side menu with the relevant data that needs populating to add this data to your rate table.
The data in this form is explained below:
- The thickness of material that this rate data would be used for in cutting
- For nesting to calculate material usage, this is the gap you would like to leave between each part, and the gap between the parts and the edges of the sheet
- Cutting feed rate
- The speed your machine runs at when cutting in this thickness and rate table
- Pierce time
- The time in seconds it takes your laser to complete a pierce when running on this rate table and thickness
- Fine speed diameter
- A cut off point for when you need to switch over from a standard cutting rate to a reduced rate to guarantee finish quality and the smaller details can be cut
- Fine cutting rate
- When you switch to fine cutting for small details what speed will you be running the machine at when cutting
- Fine pierce time
- What is the pierce time when you switch parameters for cutting the fine details within a part
- Small holes limit
- What is the limit you can use the fine cutting details for and the point in which you can no longer cut the detail in this thickness
- Hourly rate multiplier
- This is to be used if you want to apply a differing hourly rate for this thickness from your base hourly rate
- Applied hourly rate
- The actual hourly rate you will be charging for this thickness if you are using the Hourly rate multiplier
When this data is complete select Add to save this data into your rate table.
Thickness being added
Your thickness and the relevant data will now be added to your rate table for use in quoting.
Thickness added to rate table
To edit a thickness and its data already in a rate table you can do so by selecting the edit option in the table.
Edit option in a rate table
From here this will open the data for this thickness in the side menu of ToolBox
Edit thickness option in ToolBox
Once you have made the changes you need to in the thickness data select the Update option to save these changes to the rate table and thickness.