Creating a simple quote - New quote page
3 simple steps for creating a quote.
After logging into ToolBox with your username and password, click the button on the top right-hand side of the page,
A new quote will be created, you can now choose a customer from the dropdown opposite the quote name or continue without a customer selected (customers can be added to a quote later).
Note: If you are already logged in to ToolBox and on a different page, navigate to the main dashboard by clicking the ToolBox logo.
From the top right-hand side of the quote screen, click the
button and then select which type of part from the options:
Select type of part to add
The part upload popup will appear:
Part upload popup
Now drag the DXF or DWG file(s) into the upload area:
A part added to the upload parts screen
Continue to add more parts or click the
Your parts will be uploaded and checked by ToolBox:
The part(s) are added to the quote.
The status column will show if the part is ready for calculation or if it might have some issues:
- If issues are found that cannot be corrected by ToolBox the part(s) will be given a red icon. The issue should then be resolved with your drawing program before attempting to upload again.
- If issues are found that can be corrected by ToolBox or ignored by you, the part(s) will be given a orange icon. Each issue is listed below the part.
- If no issues are found, the part(s) will be given a green icon.
Once your files have loaded into ToolBox you may use the menus to specify the material and quantity data for the parts. The material and quantity data can be selected and specified for each part under the "Setting" section.
Material, thickness and quantity of the part
Applying your material and quantity data to a part can be done individually (as above) or you may select multiple parts at a time in bulk. To do this, use the collapse icon:
Use 'Select All' to select all parts in the quote or place a tick in the required selection.
- 1.Use 'Select All' to select all parts in the quote or place a tick in the required selection.
- 2.Click the 'Edit' icon.
- 3.Select the cutting technology, material, thickness and then sheet size. If the selected parts have the same quantity then enter the required number.
- 4.Update and calculate the quote.
Assigning the material, thickness and quantity
The quote calculates and updates:
The calculated quote